FloCyte has recently been able to add a Clinical Case Studies course to our course curricula. We can also present excellent options for Clinical Flow technology and issues such as regulation. This Clinical Course can be configured from 1 to 3 days, depending on your interest and needs.
Topics in Clinical Flow Include:
I Introduction to the field of Cytometry
- Components of a flow cytometer –
- Fluidics, Optics, and Electronics
- Overview of Instruments / Sorting
Staining issues in clinical setting
- Titering antibodies
Designing Good Panels
- How to select fluorochromes/CD pairs
Controls and Gating
II How is Flow used in the Clinical Lab?
- Different protocols for clinical flow
Special Applications in the Clinical setting
- Functional assays,
- Molecular cytometry
- Intracellular Protein detection
- Complimenting Technologies
- FISH / RT-PCR
- DNA analysis – Intro
Lymphoma / Leukemias
- Clinical designations in Flow Cytometry
- CDs for the basics
Setting up panels for different leukemias/lymphomas
Immune deficiency Testing
- Disease Conditions
- Case Studies
FloCyte is accredited with the state of California to offer Continuing Education Units for Clinical Laboratory Scientists, which are recognized by the ASCP toward your Qualification in Cytometry requirements.
Please contact FloCyte for information on how this valuable program can be implemented at your institution!